Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bike to Work Day Tomorrow!

I'll follow up with my Taste of Wheaton review in another day or two, but I wanted to remind everyone that Bike to Work Day is tomorrow.  It looks like the weather should cooperate, so get out on your bikes and get some exercise!  I've been biking in to my office near Farragut West almost once a week, and I'm using a different route now than the one I described last year. 

Using the biking route directions on google maps, I now mosty take 14th street in and do kind of a hodgepodge of streets on my way back to Wheaton.  Here is a link to the route I roughly use and here is my route back home.

I've been very happy with the quality of the biking directions you can get from google maps, so I recommend giving it a try.

***Update:  It was a beautiful morning to bike in, and it definitely seemed like more cyclists than usual on the roads.  The latest I've heard is that 11,000 people are participating in Bike to Work Day today (and I think that's just the number that registered with WABA).  So, congrats to any of you that biked in today, and for all of you drivers, keep an eye out for increased number of cyclists on the roads today.

No comments:

Post a Comment